Restoration and management
- Shackelford, N., S.M. Murray, J.R. Bennett, P.L. Lilley, B.M. Starzomski, R.J. Standish. Ten years of pulling: Ecosystem patterns after long-term weed management in Garry oak savanna. in prep.
- Shackelford, N., R.J. Standish, W. Ripple, B.M. Starzomski. 2018. Threats to biodiversity from cumulative human impacts in one of North America's last wildlife frontiers. Conservation Biology.
- Shackelford, N., B.P. Miller, T.E Erickson. 2018. Restoration of open-cut mining in semi-arid systems: A synthesis of long-term monitoring data and implications for management. Land Degradation & Development.
- Shackelford, N., R.J. Hobbs, J. Burgar, T.E. Erickson, J. Fontaine, E. Laliberté, C. Ramalho, M.P. Perring, R.J. Standish. 2013. Primed for change: Developing ecological restoration for the 21st Century. Restoration Ecology, vol. 21, issue 3: 297-304.
- Shackelford, N., R.J. Hobbs, N. Heller, L.M. Hallett, T. Seastedt. 2013. Finding a middle-ground: The native/non-native debate. Biological Conservation, vol. 158: 55-62.
- Shackelford, N., M. Renton, M.P. Perring, R.J. Hobbs. 2013. Modeling disturbance-based control of native invasive species and its implications for management. Ecological Applications, vol. 23, issue 6:1331-1344.
- Renton, M., N. Shackelford, R.J. Standish. 2012. Habitat restoration will help some functional plant types persist under climate change in fragmented landscapes. Global Change Biology, vol. 18: 2057-2070.
- Shackelford, N., R.J. Standish, Z. Lindo, B.M. Starzomski. 2018. Landscape connectivity shifts resistance, resilience, and recovery uniquely in multi-trophic microarthropod communities. Ecology.
- Shackelford, N., B.M. Starzomski, N.C. Banning, L. Battaglia, A. Becker, P.J. Bellingham, B. Bestelmeyer, J.A. Catford, J.M. Dwyer, M. Dynesius, J. Gilmour, L.M. Hallett, R.J. Hobbs, J. Price, T. Sasaki, E.V.J. Tanner, R.J. Standish. 2017. Connectivity predicts compositional change after discrete disturbances in a global meta-analysis. Ecography, vol. 40, issue 11: 1256-1266.
- Fisher, J.A., N. Shackelford, M.D. Hocking, A.J. Trant, B.M. Starzomski. Indigenous peoples’ habitation history drives present-day forest biodiversity in British Columbia’s coastal temperate rainforest. People and Nature. In revision.
- Shackelford, N., M. Renton, M.P. Perring, K. Brooks, R.J. Hobbs. 2015. Biodiversity change in heathland and its relationships with shifting local fire regimes and native species expansion. Journal of Plant Ecology, vol. 8, issue 1: 17-29.]